Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Finds 7.22.11

One of my dream bedrooms . . . gorgeous stenciling . . .

Happy Friday, everyone! As you are reading this, I am probably on the road headed to Minnesota with my hubby and four kids (wish us luck!) and hoping for some cooler weather when we get there! Jen will be holding down the fort by herself - she is working on some really cool projects, so don't forget to check back!

One of the reasons why Jen and I love what we do so much, and why we think that painting is so FUN, is that it is such a great way to give anything a new, fresh, look! When we moved into our home about 4 1/2 years ago, it was more than twice the size of our last home - all the walls were white, and we didn't have hardly any furniture or decorations to fill it up and make it feel cozy. So, I promptly bought around 27 gallons of paint (I only know how many, because I counted one time ) and set out to paint every room!

Soo . . . fast forward a couple years, and I'm ready to change it again - does that ever happen to you?! I have seen a lot of gorgeous homes with wallpaper in them - textured, or with beautiful graphic designs - and I thought I would like to try some in my home, until I saw the beautiful stencil that my friend Tiffany has been working on in her dining room! Although it can be time-consuming, it is less expensive and less permanent than wallpaper, and can be just beautiful! Here are a couple great places to find stencils: Cutting Edge Stencils, and Whitewall & Co. Here are some of my favorite images (most of them were from Cutting Edge:)



Ohh, I am IN LOVE!!! (and look at the cool striped table above - we could totally do something like that!!!!) Maybe I will get brave enough to try one of these after school starts! How about you - have you ever done stenciling? How did it turn out? Any tricks/advice? I'd love to hear back from you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE these ideas!! I bought some wall stencils when we moved in & have never used them...I'm inspired to whip them out now! :)

    ReplyDelete