Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Find






I have always had a dilemma when it comes to displaying my children's art work in my home. Don't get me wrong - I love what their little hands create, and love to watch them express themselves through art - but how do I showcase every little piece of paper they lovingly make for us?

I have been trying to create a place just for them and let them display what they would like, and have it be in a place we can see everyday and people will see as well when they come into our home. Our breakfast bar that was in need of some color and beauty and I thought, what a perfect spot for the kids art work! I went to our local thrift store (I am always in need of an excuse to go there) and they had these fabulous old gold picture frames with no glass in them for .25 (SCORE)! I took them home and was so excited that I did not get before pictures. I primed them and then painted a gloss white on them. The next step was tricky and that that was getting the fishing wire to hold the weight of the pictures, and making sure it was level. Once I got that figured out it was perfect for the kids. I really think I should add more. The girls love to put their drawings and art work up there for everyone to see, it has now become a beautiful focal point in our kitchen.
Well, I am off in search of more frames to turn into wall hangings for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment