Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Friday Finds


When you get an old piece of furniture, you never know what you might find inside! Once, I found an old checkbook! Check out all the stuff I found in this desk, stuck behind one of the drawers: old pictures, a prayer journal, a little pillow, a drawing, and a couple other papers. Score!!! (Just kidding. I am going to try to find the house and return these things to their owner!)

For those of you who were hoping for something a little more helpful for this week's Friday find, check this out! Rustoleum has a new product for painting cabinets and counter-tops! No sanding required! The kit comes in so many different colors, with optional glaze. At around $80 per kit, it is a MUCH cheaper way to transform a kitchen than buying new cabinets, and easier than having to strip and sand!

I was so excited to find this product because I HATE my cabinets! I have been wanting to paint them white for a long time! I would try this out right away, except for the fact that we also want new countertops and a different tile backsplash, and we need to do it all at the same time. I might try it in my bathroom, though, and when I do, I'll be sure to post some pictures and let you know how it works. Rustoleum also has some great before and after pictures on their website.

Have a great weekend! - Michalann

No comments:

Post a Comment