Thursday, May 5, 2011

Friday Find

Before

After



It's Friday and time for our very first ever Friday Find. I am really excited to share this find and maybe you can use it as a tip as well.

Let me first start off by saying I love spray paint. I know that through out this blog you are going to hear that often, on how much spray paint can save on your decorating budget. I was at a thrift store the other day, and this old lamp base caught my eye. I loved the shape of it and really liked the overall appearance of this lamp. It was the perfect price ($1.00 )(such a steal) and the perfect height and shape, just about perfect except for one thing - it was an ugly ,brassy gold. Yuck! So I took my new found treasure to it's new home, removed the wiring from the inside,gave it a good spray of primer, then finished it off with a coat of white high gloss paint. It's perfect now, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment